2.5

I purchased a new home in June and had the inspection performed by Southeast Inspection Services, Inc. I specifically asked them to check out the HVAC unit for issues. The reports indicated it was in proper working order and we had a conversation about the system after the inspection. Now, 3 short months later, I have been told that the unit is in such bad shape it needs to be replaced! Imagine my surprise when only 3 months prior I was told it was fine. I believe I was provided insufficient and incorrect information from this company that has now cost me $7 thousand dollars!

Furthermore, when I called the owner Rick Puplava, he was very unprofessional, even addressing me as "dude" instead of my name and told me that it looked fine when he saw it. (The AC tech indicated that it had been rusted out for what appears to be longer than the 3 months I have owned the home). Mr. Puplava was rude and denied any conversation we had about the condition of the unit, then indicated that "I'm not an AC guy, I just turn it on and off to see if it works". Contrary to this statement, his contract indicates that he reports any visual issues that he can see and this issue was clearly visible upon inspection.

Also, I have noticed that Southeast Inspection Services, Inc. previously had accreditations listed on their website, but I see now that they are gone.

Don't walk away from this company if you are buying a home - RUN!!

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: Unacceptable performance, Unprofessionalism, Lack of concern from owner.

Comments

MsGAO

If you really need additional proof, just check Angie's List to see how bad this company really is. (Gao)